Go Down

Topic: ESP32/ESP8266 connect to localhost server using WiFi (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

eahabissac

UPDATE:  I used  Port Listener v1.03, to listen to port 3000 and the client connected successfully, but I still cant see why when I listen from the server I can not connect

Juraj

I was out of ideas. So something with nonstandard port?

gdsports

UPDATE:  I used  Port Listener v1.03, to listen to port 3000 and the client connected successfully, but I still cant see why when I listen from the server I can not connect
This sounds like a web server configuration problem. Can a web browser running on a computer different  access the web server?  If not, the web server may be configured to only allow access from the computer running the web server. Check the web server docs. In some systems, configuring the web server IP as 127.0.0.1 will cause the web server to reject connections from all computers except the computer running the web server.

When I used AMMPS a long time ago, it did not like non-standard port numbers, that is, anything other than 80 and 8080. I would give port 80 try just in case this issue exists with the web server.

eahabissac

This sounds like a web server configuration problem. Can a web browser running on a computer different  access the web server?  If not, the web server may be configured to only allow access from the computer running the web server. Check the web server docs. In some systems, configuring the web server IP as 127.0.0.1 will cause the web server to reject connections from all computers except the computer running the web server.

When I used AMMPS a long time ago, it did not like non-standard port numbers, that is, anything other than 80 and 8080. I would give port 80 try just in case this issue exists with the web server.

Thank you, it worked now I reconfigured my local server with 0.0.0.0 IP instead of 27.0.0.1

Go Up