Go Down

Topic: Measuring rpm of Tyre or shaft (Read 530 times) previous topic - next topic

usmanqadir91

I want to measure the speed of Tyre of tractor or the shaft to which it is attached with high accuracy of about 2% and than fed rpm of the Tyre to the Arduino. What are the possible options with me? If anyone can guide me i shall be very thankful.

wvmarle

Optical (reflective: place one or more marks on the shaft or tire; break beam: one or more openings in the wheel), magnetic or inductive (one or more magnets on shaft or tire), mechanical (encoder or switches - not recommended due to wear), and probably some more that I don't think of right now. Contactless would generally be preferred.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

usmanqadir91

Optical (reflective: place one or more marks on the shaft or tire; break beam: one or more openings in the wheel), magnetic or inductive (one or more magnets on shaft or tire), mechanical (encoder or switches - not recommended due to wear), and probably some more that I don't think of right now. Contactless would generally be preferred.
Can you please let me know if any of such sensors are available online?

wvmarle

All of them are, and in many different versions.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Nick_Pyner

speed of Tyre of tractor or the shaft to which it is attached with

..........high accuracy of about 2%
One can only guess why you would want to do this but, depending on the tractor, it sounds like it might be a contradiction in  terms. Some other source of the r might be a better way to get the pm, maybe the power take-off 

usmanqadir91

All of them are, and in many different versions.
Can you suggest me any good website where i can find class-1 components?

wvmarle

All of the above have all kinds of components. Read descriptions carefully, to make sure whether a specific component suits your requirements. You can also try going directly to the respective manufacturer's web sites.

usmanqadir91

All of the above have all kinds of components.
You haven't mentioned any website.

wvmarle

Oh, that was another thread then. It's asked so often.

Well, start with the usual suspects. Amazon, eBay, element14, digikey, rs components, AliExpress, taobao, adafruit, sparkfun.

Go Up