Go Down

Topic: NEED HELP A.S.A.P PLEASE (Read 362 times) previous topic - next topic

inventorofthefuture

I am working on a project and need some help extremely bad. The problem itself isn't so hard yet the fact that i cant solve it is upsetting me greatly and impeding on my work. I need to build a device that when you set a certain speed on the  device, (its a number setting with an up and down button and a small LCD to display number), it wireless/Bluetooth moves a lever/switch to stop the motion of a rod when the device reaches that speed. Basically I need to know how to wire a small LCD to two buttons, and make it display numbers at least up to 75 with the ability to set the number to desired number aka 65. Then I need to wire a mini digital speedometer to a small switch or motor that can stop a rod  which will be slowly being pushed in via a foot. I need to know how to wire the speedometer, switch/motor, Bluetooth/wireless receiver, all to an Arduino. If i didn't explain very well I apologize. Just ask and I will go into as much detail as i can. Please help. Thank you!

el_supremo

And when is this assignment due?

Pete
Don't send me technical questions via Private Message.

Delta_G

Dec 08, 2017, 01:28 am Last Edit: Dec 08, 2017, 01:30 am by Delta_G
What have you done so far?  What have you tried?  Do you know how to use digitalRead to read buttons?  Can you write anything to an LCD?  Have you researched any ways to measure the speed of this mysterious device? 

BTW: etiquette matters.  All caps in your title will probably cause a lot of folks to skip over your thread.  The ASAP part definitely will.  You might want to edit your title to something that relates to your particular issue.  Everyone here needs help and they all want it now. 
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

wvmarle

I am working on a project and need some help extremely bad.
That's obvious from the rest of the post indeed...

The problem itself isn't so hard yet the fact that i cant solve it is upsetting me greatly and impeding on my work. I need to build a device that when you set a certain speed on the  device, (its a number setting with an up and down button and a small LCD to display number), it wireless/Bluetooth moves a lever/switch to stop the motion of a rod when the device reaches that speed. Basically I need to know how to wire a small LCD to two buttons, and make it display numbers at least up to 75 with the ability to set the number to desired number aka 65.
Two buttons, one counter in your program. One button pressed, count up, other button, count down, and then display the number on your LCD.

I need to know how to wire the speedometer, switch/motor, Bluetooth/wireless receiver, all to an Arduino.
What do the datasheets/online tutorials/etc. of your specific but unspecified components suggest?
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

dave-in-nj

Dec 08, 2017, 01:03 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2017, 01:07 pm by dave-in-nj
In reading your first post, I think that either english is not your first language and the translator is inserting words that do not apply, or that you have not really figgured out what you have, what you need, and what is available.

if you have a wheel from a toy car, it can feed your rod.
knowing the circumference, you can calculate the distance.
toy car wheels can offer the feedback, so, the wheel, feedback and motor driver for the wheel would be possible to do what is requested for measuring speed, and even powering the movement of the rod.

but, you already have a 'foot' to move the rod.

as for the readout and setting,  you have the display and buttons,  with that, you can both read out the speed on one line and show the speed limit on the other.

as for how to clamp the rod to stop movement, for that you need more engineering.  to stop a 6 inch diameter rod that is 800 feet long and traveling at 75 miles per hour, is one huge task !
at 110 feet per second, you would have less than 8 seconds for all this.

inventorofthefuture

Thank you everyone. Its my first time posting up here and i wasnt exactly sure how to word everything. Ill keep the tip about the title of thebpost in mind as well. I will keep working on my project and use the help i have so far. Thrn ill keep you all uodated. Ibreally appreciate it!

Go Up