Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finished my first project and it looks damn good!  (Read 1523 times)
Silly-con Valley, Ca, U.S.
Lernin' to tinker
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

(If i do say so myself. (And i do!))

I decided to build a 3x3x3 cube as a first project but knew from the start I wanted to do it right. Most I have seen were just breadboards or protoboards with wires exposed. I wanted to make mine look finished. Last night I finally finished what I started back in September. It's got a few bugs, like it takes a few seconds to change pattern when pressing the button but that can be fixed later. No code right now, it's at home.

I'll let the pictures and video speak for themselves.

First I got a working breadboard version

Once that was done I bought a box, a power switch and a button and got to work.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:44:03 am by biocow » Logged

10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Nice work biocow. The project turned out pretty sharp looking. Was it tough coming up with the code for the different patterns?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Silly-con Valley, Ca, U.S.
Lernin' to tinker
View Profile

Not at all. I stole it off the net. smiley-razz

Just kidding. It was posted in someone else's write-up. I'm a programmer (LAMP) by trade and I mostly wanted to do this project for the physical learning of soldering, planning out a board and putting it all into a nice package. I can always go back and do my own custom program.

10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: