Go Down

Topic: Question about Arduino Serial Board from Mouser (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

I just purchased 5 of the 50 that are available, price dropped to $6.76 each!
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

westfw

Oh, you can definately use newer CPUs in the older boards.  No problem there.  I have mega8, mega168, and mega328 chips that I swap around my collection of official, clone, and home-brew boards.  Crossroads: let us know what you get!

CrossRoads

Will do - sure hope its more than bare boards.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

TomKi

If it already has the complete parts set I will use the kit as is.  Otherwise it will be the atmega48 for around $2.50.  Digikey sells the power jack for 88 cents each (Mouser doesn't seem to have one) and will mail it first class for $2.41.  I'm waiting for an email from customer service at Mouser and hopefully they will tell me on Monday if it's just the board.

Sparkfun has a really good price on a serial cable and the cable for the programmer, including a 6 pin plug. 

Whichever way it goes, it's a really good price for a board with just enough of what I need.  I don't even need the components for the serial interface.

James C4S

Placed an order this morning for one, so I should have it tomorrow.

I'm less than hour away from Mouser, so ground shipments come next day.  :D
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up