Go Down

Topic: AnalogMonitor - uses Video Game Shield to plot analog input (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

b00m3rang

The included demo program tv_data_collection looked like exactly what I was hoping to do with the Video Game Shield, but as you may know, the original just plots out a simple equation.  My version adds the functionality of plotting data from the analog pins, and allows you to cycle through the inputs by pressing a button (connected to digital in 2 by default).  This is a great way to test your inputs and ranges, and visualize things without needing a computer.  It's been very useful for testing potentiometers and piezo elements.

http://builderbrush.com/downloads/arduino/AnalogMonitor.pde

In the process, I ended up restructuring the whole thing, removing some individual functions and placing them in the main loop... mainly to format it in a way that I understand more easily, being a programming novice.  I also removed several of the places that added frame delays or cleared the screen, which reduced flicker.  If I remove the final remaining TV_clear.screen(), the flicker goes away completely, but pixels will stay white once drawn.  I'm sure this can be easily fixed, just haven't looked into it yet.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy