Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Tiny  (Read 63254 times)
Global Moderator
Italy
Brattain Member
Logic is my way
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Oh... crap...  smiley-red
That was a test code I wrote this night.... I think it's better if I spend more time sleeping during the night  smiley-sweat

Montevideo, Uruguay
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I want to make a question:

It is possible with this core (arduino-tiny-0100-0015) to use 3 PWM in attiny85 with analogWrite()?

Montevideo, Uruguay
Arduino rocks
View Profile

This is great, thanks.

I can ask you another question? What are enabled PWM pins in the Attiny85? According to the datasheet, pin3 = OC1B, pin5 = OC0A and pin6 = OC0B/OC1A. Does that mean that I should use D0, D1 and D4 in Arduino pin naming scheme?

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

less direct answer ... if you look at the tiny core files, pins_arduino.c has the pin assignments for arduino listed as handy ascii drawings for all the chips supported

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Well, the ATtiny85 diagram is incomplete...
http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/source/browse/trunk/hardware/tiny/cores/tiny/pins_arduino.c#256

Digital pins 0, 1, and 4 feature PWM.  (PB0, PB1, and PB4)

Montevideo, Uruguay
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thank you very much, all of you.

I love Arduino Tiny, very complete implementation.

By the way, I made a timer-driven Software Serial library for Attiny85, without delay tables. It does not consume CPU time, and can work at any baudrate, even a non-standard. Want to see it?

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Certainly.

View Profile

can i know is there any other micro controller like Tiny that works with arduino with more pins ??? please help i need to make a circuit without hooking arduino up with it problem is i need more digital pins than Tiny :/ can anyone help me with this thanks alot  smiley

View Profile

i need like 10 digital pins if it can be more its perfect
and arduino chip is not a good idea is there any cheap once like Tiny ??? and thanks for suggestion

View Profile

thanks alot for help smiley
and this chip is also easy and same as Tiny right ??

Dallas, TX
View Profile

I have a couple of questions:

In the Tools > Board > ... menu in Arduino 1.0.1(OS X) there are several ATtinys listed but in the /Applications/Arduino\ 1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/boards.txt file there doesn't seem to be any reference to the ATtiny. Where is the boards.txt file for the ATtinys? I see the boards.txt file in /arduino-tiny-0100-0015 but that folder is not in my Arduino 1.0.1 application folder.

Question 2: In the boards.txt file from /arduino-tiny-0100-0015, there are references to files like "empty85at1.hex". What is in this file? It is obviously not empty.

View Profile

thanks alot and if i use mega328  do i need to do bootload and stuff ?? because im new to this i dont know anything about that yet i need something easy like tiny so i just have to connect it with arduino pins derectly and setup and upload without making it any difficult thanks alot for help

Dallas, TX
View Profile

Question 2: In the boards.txt file from /arduino-tiny-0100-0015, there are references to files like "empty85at1.hex". What is in this file? It is obviously not empty.
The files are in effect a dummy bootloaders (they don't work), there purpose is purely to set fuses in the tiny devices that happens when you burn a bootloader from Arduino IDE.

The boards.txt file contains a few lines that contain the values for the fuses. It would not be necessary to have .hex file of several hundred bytes for that. There must be another answer.

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

The boards.txt file contains a few lines that contain the values for the fuses. It would not be necessary to have .hex file of several hundred bytes for that. There must be another answer.

With Arduino 0023 it was necessary to have an image to upload when Burn Bootloader was executed.

The "empty" images are all built with this...
http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fhardware%2Ftiny%2Fcores%2Fempty

Dallas, TX
View Profile

With Arduino 0023 it was necessary to have an image to upload when Burn Bootloader was executed.

The "empty" images are all built with this...
http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fhardware%2Ftiny%2Fcores%2Fempty

Ah, thank you!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Jump to: