Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: CV/ Gate keyboard  (Read 3093 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello People,

To start off with I am very much an Arduino noob. I know how to stick a circuit together with an Atmega in and how to upload a program to said Atmega, but the programming is well beyond my capabilities. I have been building a modular synthesizer for one and a half year now and am making good progress. I understand the workings of logic chips like CMOS and can work with opamps and the like. I have made two modules that use the Arduino/ Atmega, a voltage quantiser and a CV/gate to midi converter (which is actually a miduino kit). These are really simple and compact builds compared to a lot of stuff.
Sometimes I stumble into a circuit and think that it could be easily implemented with Arduino Atmega, saving a lot of solder and time. I just can't seem to get my head around the programming, it just isn't for me it seems.
Right now I have such a project, a 2 octave CV/gate keyboard to play my synthesizer (although I can't really play).

I have an old keyboard that I can hack two octaves off and use the diode matrix of. It actually has the PCB for the matrix divided in several lengths among which is a two octave piece (great!)
I found schematics for this type of thing right here and I even understand them! It seems to me though, that this can be easily done in Arduino, giving many more options if needed, such as building in a sequencer or what not.

Anyway, does anybody know of a schematic and sketch that may help me with this?
I have some DAC0808 aroud somewhere that I could use here by the way (however 2 octaves doesn't need 8 bits, whatever).

Would be lovely!

kind regards,
Niels

View Profile

Oh yeah this probably shouldn't be in audio/ midi stuff, but where else?

View Profile

nobody nothing?

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Don't have an answer

Oh yeah this probably shouldn't be in audio/ midi stuff, but where else?
Hardware section or Project guidance?

If you repost this question, please state a comment here that the discussion is to be followed in the other section.

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

View Profile

Yeah could be worth a try, it's just that I just decided to doe the MFOS thing. The Atmega may be bored to death doing this CV/gate chore. I am thinking about a Roland SH-101 type swquencer now though. I might as well dive into learning to program that stuff, right?

View Profile

you can google for ad5308  it is a 12 bit dac with 8 in one 24 pin package that the arduino spi port can talk to

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: