Go Down

Topic: Opening/Closing a cabinet drawer with a continuous rotation servo (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

You could make a setup like below using a gear motor. If youdrive the drawer from the bottom, the drawer might have enough upward play to lift off the wheel when being manually moved. 

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

SouthernAtHeart

interesting.  So, in your drawing, the limiting switches don't need wired to the arduino.  I see how they.  So I'd only have 2 I/O pins.  One for the relay, one for the DPDT switch, right?

zoomkat

You just need one I/O pin (with a transistor and power supply to operate the relay). When the pin goes high, the relay is actuated and the drawer opens. When the pin goes low the relay is deactivated and the drawer closes.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

SouthernAtHeart

SouthernAtHeart

You could make a setup like below using a gear motor. If youdrive the drawer from the bottom, the drawer might have enough upward play to lift off the wheel when being manually moved. 

...after listening to a servo, I'm think more about going your route.  Plastic geared servos sound pretty chinzsy.  I reckon there's probably good quality ones, better than SparkFuns.  But this diagram you drew is a more correct to do this.  I picked up a nice gearmotor.

Go Up