Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Eagle layout help for connector  (Read 1215 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Gang,
I am using this SubD connector in my layout in eagle 5.11 light.
What do I need to do to get the mounting holes to show up with it?
Thanks
Robert

* sub-d help.jpg (114.08 KB, 960x720 - viewed 30 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Leighton Buzzard, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

I would make sure that you have all layers showing?

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Rahway, NJ
Timmy!!!
View Profile

I'm not an expert but I have made some parts in Eagle.
You most likely need to modify the library part and add two holes to the drill layer.

If the connector holes are electrically connected, you may need a keepout or restrict (I don't remember which) area so the copper area doesn't interfere. 

Dave
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:56:41 am by coyote » Logged

Faraday Member
ruggedcircuits.com
View Profile

This particular package in Eagle does not have mounting holes. You may want to use a part from that library with a different package, one that does have mounting holes, like the F09H package.

Alternatively, you can draw your own mounting holes on the board (use the 'via' tool in the Eagle board editor), ensuring you choose the right locations and hole diameter. It would be best, however, to draw a part that is an exact match to the one you are using (there are lots of slight variations on DB9 connectors so it's best to check out exactly what you're getting from Eagle against the part's datasheet). That way you don't have to worry about moving the mounting holes if you also move the part.

--
The Aussie Shield: breakout all 28 pins to quick-connect terminals

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Thanks for the tips.  I saw what looked liked holes in the package. Will try th F09H and will check that against what I think is being purchased.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Okay, the F09H worked great. Thanks again!

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

I would also make a mock-up with 1:1 printing and cardboard just to make sure I'm getting all the dimensions right.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,51870.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: