Go Down

Topic: Adding 2 analog pins to Arduino IDE (Read 2892 times) previous topic - next topic

alparent

I'm working with the SMD version of the Atmega on an external board and there is 2 extra analog pins I can use.
But the IDE as no support for those. How hard would it be to just add 2 analog pins to the IDE?

I know there are other ways I can access those pins but I'm no good at programming and I'm just starting to get not so bad at using the Arduino IDE. Having support for the 2 extra pins built in the IDE would make things so simple!

retrolefty

Feb 16, 2011, 06:47 pm Last Edit: Feb 16, 2011, 06:49 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1

I'm working with the SMD version of the Atmega on an external board and there is 2 extra analog pins I can use.
But the IDE as no support for those. How hard would it be to just add 2 analog pins to the IDE?

I know there are other ways I can access those pins but I'm no good at programming and I'm just starting to get not so bad at using the Arduino IDE. Having support for the 2 extra pins built in the IDE would make things so simple!

Are you sure those two extra analog input pins are not supported by the Arduino IDE, I seem to recall they are already mapped into the arduino pinmapping library code, but I might be wrong. Have you tried to used analogRead(7) or 8 and see if it works?

The bigger problem is that are those two additional analog input pins wired to any connector pins? Not for the standard shield connector layout.

Lefty

Go Up