Go Down

Topic: GPS tracker in Orchard Environment  (Read 700 times) previous topic - next topic

TomGeorge

If you want to avoid this potential problem, make the if statement more selective:

Code: [Select]
  if (fix.valid.location && fix.valid.speed && (fix.speed_mph() > MIN_SPEED)) {

This will not accumulate any distance until the speed goes over the threshold.  I'm not sure how fast your vehicle is going, so I can only guess at a minimum speed (1mph above).  2 or 3mph would be safer, if you usually drive at least that fast.  If you're just creeping along, just stick with the first simple if statement.
Hi,
I did the same thing with a prototype forklift speed alarm for a customer.
His yard forklifts were being driven at inappropriate speeds will outside, so we fitted a GPS speedometer and speed alert to them,then interlocked it with the seatbelt switch to alarm if the machine was being driven without safety device.
It was surprising how far a forklift can travel in cyberspace.  :)

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Farmer1949

Speed alarms!  That would cause a walkout here at our local packing houses where forklift racing is almost a religion!!! LOL

That is  a great idea though....the uses for these things is only limited by one's imagination...but you already knew that

TomGeorge

Speed alarms!  That would cause a walkout here at our local packing houses where forklift racing is almost a religion!!! LOL

That is  a great idea though....the uses for these things is only limited by one's imagination...but you already knew that
In Australia our OH&S rules are pretty concise and very strictly enforced.
To drive a forklift you have to have a license.
Even to use a scissor lift, you need an elevated working card.
I have one of these so I can repair equipment on some sites.

Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up