Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Use of Classes  (Read 1664 times)
Southern Ontario
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

OK. I used that software to extract the data from the midi download, and it is as I expected. The Midi class does not support other than HardwareSerial instances.

Modifying the class so that it has an overloaded constructor that takes a NewSoftSerial instance would be easy. Implementing that method, and setting a field that indicated whether to use the hardware instance or software instance would be easy.

Modifying all the methods to use the hardware or software instance would not be hard, but there are a lot of them.

I'd take on the challenge, not that it is much of a challenge, but I don't have an Midi hardware to test the class with, or much interest in music with the Arduino. Hopefully, someone who does will take this on.

Hey paul, if you wanted to make the modifications to the code, I have a working midi controller already on a breadboard, so testing it shouldn't be an issue..

As you know I already am familiar with the midi library being used and (thanks to you) working again... I wanted to investigate adding multiple midi inputs on my project so I knew I'd have to deal with nss eventually... This way we can help the community while furthering my project at the same time smiley-grin

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I've modified the Midi class to be able to use either hardware or software serial port. I sent you a PM. If it works, you could post the revised code on the playground.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

G'day.
Is it possible for me to check the new library. Have the MIDI hardware, plus the problem.
Could assist with the documentation etc.
Grant

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Send me a PM with an e-mail address, and I'll send you the code.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Nick,
Any luck getting Pauls MIDI lib alterations tested.
Grant

Southern Ontario
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I got the library, but I haven't had the spare time to test things... It is very high on my priority list though.  I will keep you updated smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Nick,
Hows the MIDI testing lib going.
Grant

Southern Ontario
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hey!

Sorry about the delay, I got busy and my arduino stuff had to take a back seat for a bit...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work with midi input, however it does work fine for midi output.

Sorry smiley-sad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: