Go Down

Topic: Arduino-1.0.7 (Arduino-1.0.6 on light steroids) (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic

dwalsh62

May 26, 2016, 06:50 pm Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:31 pm by dwalsh62
Having a preference for an older machine/OS for development use I was saddened to see that the modern IDE's just don't run, can't build and have unpredictable behavior if you attempt to utilize java files.

Running on Mac OSX 10.4.11 which only has JDK5 and a partial swing implementation running anything higher than 1.0.1 seemed to a problem without some minor edits and nothing above 1.0.3 would run reliably.

One of the disappointing things about the IDE was the lack of compiler flag control so I decided it was time to add some flexibility to the IDE and hence version 1.0.7 of the IDE was born.

I added the WinAVR size patch to binutils-2.25, updated the java files to add compiler options in a "Compiler Flags" window accessible from the preferences window, the level of optimization, the level of debug, various warning and optimization flags.

I've built the java files in 10.4.0 to ensure the greatest compatibility, tested the same java files in Win98, WinXP, OSX 10.4,0, OSX 10.4.11, OSX 10.5.0 and OSX 10.5.8 without any issues.

Since I'm unable to run anything newer in OSX 10.4.x I've not patched the newer IDE's to take advantage of the enhancements but it shouldn't be difficult for someone to apply the patches as needed.

While I have not provided all of the patches to my IDE, I have provided those that apply to the compiler and a diff (-Nauri) of the changes is attached.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy