Go Down

Topic: Show and Tell at a job interview (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

James C4S

So, I am in the market for a new job.  Today I did something I haven't really done before, I brought my Arduino and a couple of shields I've made with me to the interview.  It was great when I was asked, "what do you like to do for fun?"  I pulled them out, and explained about Arduino. 

The shields aren't terribly complex.  One is a RTC clock while the other is a LED matrix (8x6) I made just because I had a bunch of blue LEDs sitting around. 

Even better, I was interviewing for a component company.  The hiring manager noticed their parts on my board.  That hadn't even occurred to me.  I've been using a reel of their components for my personal projects for a very long time.

Moral of the story, show and tell always goes over well.  Now, we will see if the technique worked.  ;)
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

UnaClocker

That's awesome. :) They definitely won't forget you. :) Good luck.
Brian from Tacoma, WA
Arduino evangelist - since Dec, 2010.

James C4S

It was a successful technique.  ;)
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

retrolefty

It was a successful technique.  ;)

Yea, probably better then bringing in your personal gun collection as a show and tell.  :D

James C4S

"This is my rife, this is my gun.  This is for fighting, this is for fun...."

Go Up