Go Down

Topic: R2D2 sounds via Tone command (Read 5228 times) previous topic - next topic

UnaClocker

I've done a bit of googling, everyone seems to want to play the R2D2 type beeps and such with a WAV file. Seems like they're basic enough, you should be able to do it with just the tone command. Anyone ever try? Got some frequencies and durations, or a demo sketch? It just seems to me that robots are supposed to make that sound, so I'd like my robot to do so.. ;)
Brian from Tacoma, WA
Arduino evangelist - since Dec, 2010.

pluggy

I suspect R2D2 has quite a few harmonics and un-square wave like noises in his 'voice'. The tone command just produces a harsh sterile noise of a given frequency.  It isn't even a sine wave which would give a much more agreeable sound.  Theres probably a reason every body plays .wav files....  :)
http://pluggy.is-a-geek.com/index.html

WilliamK Govinda

Indeed, just get a wav recording and output via PWM PCM instead. You can get good audio at 32khz by using the 8-bit timer, or even 21khz by my latest tests, also using a single 16-bit timer. (check my posts) Even unfiltered it sounds good.

Wk

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy