Go Down

Topic: mini Arduino idea (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

frank26080115

Feb 18, 2011, 07:38 am Last Edit: Feb 18, 2011, 07:40 am by frank26080115 Reason: 1
Jeon seems to want to try making a board. Do it right and it'll be worth it. It's great to have a tool tailored to your own needs.

If you want cheap PCBs made, Itead Studio can get you 10 pieces for $28 + shipping, that's way cheaper than anything in North America or BatchPCB.

I don't see any caps for the crystal, or is that an oscilator?

Judging from his website, he prefers resonators
I think resonators are usually used with a 1 Mohm resistor
Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

CrossRoads

Feb 18, 2011, 08:02 am Last Edit: Feb 18, 2011, 08:18 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
Where does the 1Mohm resistor go?

I have played around with layouts also, here's a minimalist 328-based board, double sided with all connections on top and the bottom being all ground plane.  I was experimenting with spare holes for other parts to see what would fit on a standard expressPCB board using all thru hole components.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

And its schematic. Similar to a promini really but without voltage regulator.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

CrossRoads

I was playing with a atmega644 version also, for more IO & memory, a la ardweeny style, and as a promini style

JeonLab

Thanks for all of your comments. 

@frank: I live on Clark between Dufferin and Bathurst.  So close!  I also thank you for the advice on the resistor.  That's good to know.

@graynomad: The resonator (ceramic) has 2 built-in capacitors.

@crossroads: Thank you for sharing your ideas as well.

I will update some more detail soon.

Thanks.

Go Up