Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: s3v3 Upload issue  (Read 541 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello guys, I have made Arduino s3v3, a copule of days ago and I have successfully uploaded the bootloader with parallel programmer, then i tried the "blink" test, and it worked. Yesterday I uploaded a program switching leds from pin 2 to pin 13 with a 15ms delay. And today i tried to upload a new program but i get this message.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

At first place I went to troubleshooting but everything seemed ok, then I searched the forum and tried everything I found, diconnecting cables, power, protoshield, using another version of IDE and etc. tried pushing the reset button after "sketch size ***" appears but nothing.

At some point I started thinking I have fried the ATmega, but the old programm is still working after a short delay when I power the board. Now I dont have any idea what to do.

Can somebody give an Idea?

Colorado
Arduino 0022 and Ubuntu 11.10 64bit.
View Profile

The error message "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" that means that the Arduino is not responding. There are many reasons for this.

# Is the correct Serial Port selected?
# Is the correct driver installed?
# Is the chip inserted into the Arduino properly? (If you built your own arduino or have burned the bootloader on yourself)
# Does the chip have the correct bootloader on it? (If you built your own arduino or have burned the bootloader on yourself)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:19:21 pm by mrtaylor » Logged

Rochester, NY
View Profile

Hold the shift key down when you press the upload button in the Arduino IDE.  This will upload with verbose output.  It will show you exactly what avrdude is doing, line by line in the black bar at the bottom of Arduino IDE.  Post all that and maybe someone can spot the problem. 

View Profile

well its still doing the same thing, its running the old program, when i try to upload, the RX led bliks 3 times with a period ot like a sec and a hlaf, and the pin 13 led blinks 3 times after 10 secs.

With a shift key pushed :

D:\Downloads\arduino-0022\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CD:\Downloads\arduino-0022\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega168 -cstk500v1 -P\\.\COM1 -b19200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\chelev\AppData\Local\Temp\build8182813125102516671.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 11 2007 at 19:12:32
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "D:\Downloads\arduino-0022\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port            : \\.\COM1
         Using Programmer      : stk500v1
         Overriding Baud Rate  : 19200
avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: Send: Q [51]   [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51