Go Down

Topic: Could not get iDuino working (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

microguy

There is 5 v on it. The atmel chip is not hot at all. I did follow what you said that I need to wait for IDE to upload size then press the reset button for few seconds and then let go. It did not work. Here is same error codes.
Binary sketch size: 1018 bytes (of a 14336 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Reid

CrossRoads

Don't know what to tell you then.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

microguy

Crossroad,

Thank you for trying to help me. I guess I will go ahead buy a new one. I was not sure what kind should I get and where is good place to buy them?

Reid

CrossRoads

www.gravitech.us has the best prices I've seen for Arduino brand.
I have a duemilanove for development and I build promini's into my projects.
Had I known of ardweenys, RBBBs, iduino's when I purchased them (I bought about 20 and an FTDI-Basic for programming), I would have gone with those to save another $6-7 per box that I made.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

smeezekitty

Before declaring it toast...
Try the loop back test.
Wire pin 1 & 0 together.
Choose the correct serial port in the Arduino IDE
Open the serial monitor
Hold down the reset button while you type anything in the serial monitor and press enter.
If you see what you typed, the FTDI chip is still good.
If the FTDI chip works ok, you could replace the atmega and upgrade it to a 328 (more memory) for about $5 (make sure you get one with a bootloader).
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Go Up