Go Down

Topic: Mega2560 slowly stops responding to input. (Read 813 times) previous topic - next topic

Has anyone heard of a board slowly stop responding to input. i.e. - interrupts, serial.read, and digitalRead.  When start up the board, everything works fine.  But after a minute or two it starts lagging behind.  The external interrupts takes a second to kick in.  At one point I waved an RFID tag in front of the reader and it would output to the serial monitor line by line but with a long delay between lines.  And it would print the lines after i took the tag away from the reader.  It's like it caught all the data when it was supposed to, put it into eeprom and said I'll deal with you in a minute.  The delay gets to the point where I give up and reset the board. I burned a fresh bootloader with avrdude and uploaded Blink and it works perfectly.  I did have a verification error in avrdude.  content mismatch at byte 0x3e000 0x0D != 0xFF.  Should I set the lock bit to 0x0F when I'm done burning the bootloader?
current fuse settings, i believe they are the ones shipped with the board.
L bit - 0xFF
H bit - 0xD8
E bit - 0xFD
Lock bit - 0xFF
"!!!" bootloader menu (Arduino Explorer) is working.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy