Go Down

Topic: ID12 RFID chip pins/breadboard (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I've just picked up an ID12 RFID chip to do my first Arduino project with. I failed to realise that the 2mm pin spacing on the chip would mean I couldn't connect it to my breadboard...I do however now realise that there is a breakout board available for it (http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=88&products_id=108) - this describes it as providing 'two 0.1" spaced headers', which leads me to think that although spaced a bit better, there won't actually be pins I can just drop into my breadboard. Then again, pictures I've seen online lead me to think that it *can* just drop in:

Is it simply a case of plugging the breakout board in, and then dropping it into my breadboard? Otherwise am I going to have to solder some connectors on?

I apologise in advance for my total lack of hardware knowledge. :)

Professor Chaos

The board doesn't come with pins. You will need to solder some headers into the breakout board before you can plug it into a breadboard.

Something like:

Awesome, thank you! Managed to solder one up in the end (never attempted soldering before)...only slight mess/one broken breakout board ;)

More info on this available at...

More info on this available at...

Thank god for this post I totally messed the breakboard. I manage to  desolder mi id12la, and the pins wont fit in a breadboard. Big thanks!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131