Hello everyone, this is my very first post.
My name is Wolfgang. I am a model aircraft pilot and I am a newbie in the Arduino universe. I bought my first Arduino Uno a few days ago after discussing with a local user group at the Lift Conference in Geneva (http://liftconference.com/lift11
I have a technical background, I programmed Z80 / 68000/ 8086 microprocessor sytems (long time ago) during university and wrote C code for CNC machines in my first jobs - so it was not hard for me to get the first Ardunio demos up and running.
My plan is to port my "Bitching Betty Plus" system (http://goldeneye.ethz.ch/elektronik/flight_data/
- sorry it is in German) from Windows to the Arduino platform (BTW: "Bitching Betty" is the nickname of the voice warning system of the F16 Fighting Falcon Jet)
I implemented that idea using these components:
- Unilog Data Logger - to collect the date from the aircraft
- F2M03GXA-S01 Class 1 Bluetooth Module from Free2Move to transmit the data to the ground
- A Laptop running a Python script using a text to speech software module
- A BT headset to transmit the voice output from the Laptop to me
I have several questions for the Arduino gurus:
First question: The Datalogger is running at a Baudrate of 115200 Bit/sec (8Bit/no parity/no flow control) . The protocol is very simple: you ask for the current dataset - you will get a 24 Bit answer. Usually you ask for a dataset every 0.5 or 1 second, but you can not change the 115kBit/s transfer rate .
What is the recommended method to handle this communication speed?
Hardware UART ? New Software Serial ?
What is the recommended method to connect the 3.3V Bluetooth Module to the 5V Arduiono Uno ?
What is the recommended method for voice output ?
Sparkfun's VoiceBox, MP3 Player with prerecorded voice ?
Many thanks for you help in advance!!!