Go Down

Topic: PWM driving MOSFET MTP75N03HDL-D (Read 3678 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

OK...  I screwed up.  I put the jumper on 0 & 1 on the analog pins (duhh...)  When I placed the jumper on the TX & RX pins and open the serial monitor it relays the sent message back to the monitor.  Is that a good sign?

--

Yes, it's a very good sign. It means you have only either lost the bootloader code in your 328 chip, or the 328 chip is toast. The $6 replacement should get the board going good as new. http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9217

Now if you had another board on hand there is a sketch to allow one board to be used to reburn the bootloader onto another board.

Lefty

trs300

Thanks Lefty,  I ended up ordering a new board and a new chip from sparkfun...  I wish I knew exactly what happened so I do not repeat this... It is possible I sent 12V backward on the PWM pin maybe while I was fiddling around with wires...  Maybe that toasted the controller...  Are there protections that should be in place on a PWM circuit?  Like a resistor or a diode between the PWM pin and the MOSFET gate?  If I added a diode I suppose I could add a high resistance pulldown resistor on the gate and it should still work...

--

trs300

Final update.  Lefty was right on target.  Got my new chip from sparkfun, plugged it in and my board is back in business...  Thanks again Lefty  :-)

retrolefty

Final update.  Lefty was right on target.  Got my new chip from sparkfun, plugged it in and my board is back in business...  Thanks again Lefty  :-)

Your most welcome and it's always nice when a story has a happy ending. Plus now you own two arduino boards, how cool is that.  ;)

Lefty

Go Up