Go Down

Topic: LED Clock Pinouts? (Read 2019 times) previous topic - next topic

I took apart a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker and took this LED clock out of it.
I have absolutely no clue where to plug stuff into on it.
I searched all over the internet but could not find anything...part of the problem is I don't know what you would call it exactly (LED clock, LED number board, 3 digit board, etc)
I included pictures and labeled the pins myself so they may be backwards to other people, I don't know.
If anyone knows where power and ground would go it would be greatly appreciated. I can figure out the rest of the pins myself.
OR if anyone can give me a link to someone who's already posted this or at least tell me what this would be called specifically so I could poke around the internet some more.

thanks for helping,

I would call it a 3 1/2 digit LED display module.  nice job unsoldering it by the way.

chances are each of the digits has a separate ground pin and all the digits share segment pins - look at the display in the top of the image below:

You can safely poke away with 5 volts through a 1k resistor just trying different combinations til you figure it out.

Feb 21, 2011, 06:42 am Last Edit: Feb 21, 2011, 07:05 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
Do a google search for this
liteon 3 1/2 digit display
You are looking for datasheets like this
which shows you more clearly the kind of connections you are looking at. This one appears to have a few more decimal point/colon connections than yours.

The part either be common cathode like this, so you put ground on a pin and poke around with 5V thru a resistor to see what turns on, or it will be common anode, so you put 5V on a pin and poke around with ground thru a resistor to see what turns on.
Make notes as you go.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131