Go Down

Topic: Alternative/better IDE (Read 4362 times) previous topic - next topic

May 04, 2011, 11:44 am Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:46 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
OK I've answered my own question. I downloaded the plugin and after some dicking around got it to work and I like it.

So for those who may follow here's what I've done.

Obviously download the plugin as per instructions

In the editor press F6 and enter this

Code: [Select]

Into the text box. Note that I like to auto save before the compile (npp_save) and that it seems you have to do the CD so make executes in the correct folder. Also I often work on 2 projects at the same time but in different folders so this is important to me.

This seems to work well, I swap to a different source file in a different tab (and folder), hit CTRL-F6 and it picks up the local makefile. So far so good.

Now I'd like it to highlight the errors and make them clickable. I believe you do this in the "highlight" dialogue (SHFT-F6), I enter

Code: [Select]
%ABSFILE%:%LINE%: error:*

which is supposed to highlight errors and even make them clickable to go to the error line. So far I haven't got this to work.

Also the console takes up a lot of the editor window but you can just grab it and move out of the editor so it's a separate window, good if you have a large screen.

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

I've been using Notepad++ for some time, it's a great editor. So far I've found it easy to ALT-TAB to a DOS window and run make from there.

Does NPPexec make this any easier/better? As usual with sourceforge stuff I can't find any documentation.

I don't know, I'm just investigating the make file and NPPexec, I' new to this whole process.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131