Go Down

Topic: Using Arduino to bridge USB 2.0 across Internet - how to do? (Read 211 times) previous topic - next topic

ec_witty

Hello,

I am a newbie to Arduino, and I wonder if anyone can tell me if Arduino is fast and capable enough to capture without loss data coming from a USB 2.0 device, send it streaming to the Internet, and at the other end to have another Arduino device that reads from the Internet (having set up IP handshakes, of course) and recreates the data to an output USB 2.0 port.

Thus, the Arduino x 2 will be both a streamer for input USB 2.0 arbitrary signal (as channel) and client for the stream, to be reconstituted as USB 2.0 signal.....

A USB-Internet Streaming Bridge.....

Thank you....and how might I proceed? Processors, components, I/O chips, software?

ec_witty

gdsports

Explain what USB device you are interested in. A general solution for any USB device is not possible. There are a limited number of USB drivers for Arduinos. Also high speed device such as web cams are probably impossible.

Grumpy_Mike

I wonder if anyone can tell me if Arduino is fast and capable enough to capture without loss data coming from a USB 2.0 device,
Basically no, but it depends on the actual data rate. Ethernet traffic will buffer to a certain extent at the server but you will drop packets and packets will not arrive in the same order they were sent.

Go Up