Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: audio buffers ?  (Read 1190 times)
France
digital artist
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hello,
very new to arduino / audio circuits (I'm more in interfacing and protocols til today :p), I'd like to figure out the process from outputs pins to speaker.

is it:
arduino pins output ====> DAC ====> buffer ====> speaker ?

I 'd like to understand why these buffers are required and if I'd need a kind of anti-aliasing filter or not?

all the best,

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Antialiasing is not used on the output - usualy there is just a low pass filter to take out high frequency switching noise.
Antialiasing is done on the input side - say you are capturing data with at 20KHz sample rate  - then antialiasing filter would be a filter that kept the input frequencies below 10 KHZ (since you need at least 2 samples to be able to recreate a waveform). This could also be a low pass filter.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

France
digital artist
View Profile

hi both mate smiley

thanks a lot
now, it is clear in my head.

if you're interested, I'm currently designing an open-source sound machine: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,53074.msg379063.html#msg379063

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: