Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is Arduino for me? Noob question. (Light sensor for deactivating a device)  (Read 612 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

If noob in gaming means someone who sucks, well, I haven't even bought the game yet.  smiley-eek-blue

I am completely oblivious to electronics in general but would like to start, but I have no idea whether I am even looking at the right place.

To simplify, I have a device that is powered by a 7.4v 3000mah lipo battery, it works every time a "trigger" is pulled, and what I'm trying to achieve is to have a light sensor that will deactivate the trigger until another button is pressed, it is also important that the deactivation only happens if the light exposure is longer than say 1/5 of a second.

Is Arduino for me? If so, space is also an issue so will the Nano work?

Thank you all for your time!  smiley-grin
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:23:55 am by blobface » Logged

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Is Arduino for me?
Almost certainly, yes.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

If  you don't need the USB interface except for programming the part, you can go even smaller with a Promini and an FTDI-Basic that you only connect while downloading, both available at gravitech.us.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

ਪੰਜਾਬ
Edison Member
Another year! Alone! :(
View Profile

Definitely the Nano is for YOU!, you can very easily achieve the workable model just need some elementary electronics knowledge regarding say connecting sensor with arduino and need to know HOW ARDUINO WORK's! also have Programming Knowledge that the forum and c++ or c learning can help you.

"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੂਂ !

View Profile

Thank you all for your prompt response! Just bought myself a starter kit  smiley-grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: