Go Down

Topic: Serial read scaled against serial out, triple serial out integers (Read 591 times) previous topic - next topic

Speeddemon

Basically I`m wondering if anyone has tried this. I am not one to ask questions without previously exhausting all other options so if there is a link and or website please let me know. No hard feelings.

Serial read scaled against serial out, triple serial out integers. If I am taking an analogue or digital read and sending it proportionally to a serial out, can I make that same read send 3x serial outs. The rub lies within the serial outs requiring an inverse.

Eg:
serial read =
    1500ms
serial out on ch1,2,3 would be 1500

serial read=
    1950ms
serial out on ch 1,2 would be 1950
serial out on ch 3 would be 1050

This is for my hexapod project using an Uno and an SSC-32 with an AR6100E reciever and DX6I

If I can get everything to scale right I am sure it will work right regardless of outside opinion. (As long as I don`t run up against flash ram limitations)

For the record I`m a ``build first, learn the proper way later`` kind of guy. However, I have researched the crap out of this and I just can`t seem to find any tweakable start points for the code. Nor can I find any examples of this type of thing period.

Your consideration is very much appreciated.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, do it the way you were told.

With 2 ears and 1 mouth you should listen twice as much as you talk.

Grumpy_Mike

Not sure what you are asking, Serial out refers to the serial port, there is one on an arduino uno and four on a mega. You can send anything you like on them.

The rub lies within the serial outs requiring an inverse.

Again not sure what you are asking is it a logical inverse or a numeric inverse.
Numeric inverse is simply 1023 - analogue reading.

Speeddemon

It seems I broke the rule about RTFM. At least to learn proper terminology. Thank you for your response Mr. Mike. I will post again when I can more accurately describe the issue. (if it even is an issue once I get through the long dry read c++ book)

Promise I won't just skim this time.  :smiley-red:
If at first you don't succeed, do it the way you were told.

With 2 ears and 1 mouth you should listen twice as much as you talk.

Go Up