Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Serial read scaled against serial out, triple serial out integers  (Read 563 times)
Spruce Grove, Alberta
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Basically I`m wondering if anyone has tried this. I am not one to ask questions without previously exhausting all other options so if there is a link and or website please let me know. No hard feelings.

Serial read scaled against serial out, triple serial out integers. If I am taking an analogue or digital read and sending it proportionally to a serial out, can I make that same read send 3x serial outs. The rub lies within the serial outs requiring an inverse.

Eg:
serial read =
    1500ms
serial out on ch1,2,3 would be 1500

serial read=
    1950ms
serial out on ch 1,2 would be 1950
serial out on ch 3 would be 1050

This is for my hexapod project using an Uno and an SSC-32 with an AR6100E reciever and DX6I

If I can get everything to scale right I am sure it will work right regardless of outside opinion. (As long as I don`t run up against flash ram limitations)

For the record I`m a ``build first, learn the proper way later`` kind of guy. However, I have researched the crap out of this and I just can`t seem to find any tweakable start points for the code. Nor can I find any examples of this type of thing period.

Your consideration is very much appreciated.  smiley-wink

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way you were told.

With 2 ears and 1 mouth you should listen twice as much as you talk.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Not sure what you are asking, Serial out refers to the serial port, there is one on an arduino uno and four on a mega. You can send anything you like on them.

The rub lies within the serial outs requiring an inverse.
Again not sure what you are asking is it a logical inverse or a numeric inverse.
Numeric inverse is simply 1023 - analogue reading.

Spruce Grove, Alberta
View Profile

It seems I broke the rule about RTFM. At least to learn proper terminology. Thank you for your response Mr. Mike. I will post again when I can more accurately describe the issue. (if it even is an issue once I get through the long dry read c++ book)

Promise I won't just skim this time.  smiley-red

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way you were told.

With 2 ears and 1 mouth you should listen twice as much as you talk.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: