Go Down

Topic: Remote Light Sensitive trigger for digital SLR (Read 2824 times) previous topic - next topic

I am interested in starting a project in which I control the shutter of a camera with a photoresistor.  I have been researching how to do so, but am unsure about which would be the best method. 

I want to place an object on top of a photo resistor, and when the object is lifted and light is exposed to the resistor, the shutter fires.  The most logical way of doing this seems to be hacking a remote for my Nikon D80 to the circuit and having this control the shutter.  So far, I have found information about how to create a trip wire with a photo resistor and laser pointer, but not with only the photo resistor.

Any ideas or advice for me?  I'm new to Arduino and need help!

johnwasser

Since all you want is a single shutter press signal you might be able to record it and play it back with the Arduino controlling a IR LED.  See the IR Remote Library: http://www.arcfn.com/2009/08/multi-protocol-infrared-remote-library.html

Using an analog input you can just look for a change in resistance of the CDS cell.  The value will change with the amount of light.  If you check once a second and trigger on ant change of more than, say, 10, you don't even need to care if the value goes up or down.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up