Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Change eeprom value without loosing main flash program  (Read 2537 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi there,
I want to be able to change the Arduinio / Atmega328 's epprom values whithout changing the scetch / firmware I have uploaded initially. Any ideas?
 smiley-confuse.
Forexample, I have uploaded initial values in eeprom positions 10,20 and 40. But at a later stage i want to change these values without having to reload the whole sketch again.
Regards,

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Data in EEPROM can only be modified by the sketch that is running. If you are unable to replace the sketch that is running, you are out of luck, I'm afraid.

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

You can do this with AVRDUDE which is in the Arduino distribution somewhere. Look for the -D command (from my head). But beware avrdude can be dangerous as it is powerful. To find the location press the upload button with the SHIFT key pressed. YOu will see how it is called to flash the flash. EEPROM is just one other flag. Advice: try to read EEPROM first.

Rob

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thanks a mil. I will look into it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: