Go Down

Topic: Technical support : How to connect 20x4 LCD to arduino UNO without PIN2 & PIN3  (Read 328 times) previous topic - next topic

hkrishna2

Hi All,

I want to connect LCD to arduino UNO but the PIN2 & PIN3 are used for the sensors ?
Is it possible to connect LCD without PIN2 & PIN3 ?

I tried with LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11 , 12); connections Not working ?

Pls help me on this requirement..

Ph: +91 9844942650

Regards,
Harikrishna

ieee488

Hi All,

I want to connect LCD to arduino UNO but the PIN2 & PIN3 are used for the sensors ?
Is it possible to connect LCD without PIN2 & PIN3 ?

I tried with LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11 , 12); connections Not working ?

Pls help me on this requirement..

Ph: +91 9844942650

Regards,
Harikrishna
This is hilarious. Really.

floresta

You can use any available IO pins (including the so called 'analog' pins) on the Arduino to drive your LCD.

The LiquidCrystal lcd(. . . ); expression is called the 'constructor.

It is the function of the numbers within the argument of the constructor (the string of numbers in parentheses) to tell the Liquid Crystal library which Arduino pin is connected to which LCD pin.

This is all explained, rather poorly, in the documentation .  Fortunately it is almost impossible to find this page.

It would all be much clearer if the perpetrators of the library and the authors of the Tutorial had been more liberal with their use of comments:

//LiquidCrystal lcd(RS, E, D4, D5, D6, D7);
LiquidCrystal   lcd( 7, 8,  9, 10, 11, 12);      // put your pin numbers here

Don

ieee488

You can use any available IO pins (including the so called 'analog' pins) on the Arduino to drive your LCD.

The LiquidCrystal lcd(. . . ); expression is called the 'constructor.

It is the function of the numbers within the argument of the constructor (the string of numbers in parentheses) to tell the Liquid Crystal library which Arduino pin is connected to which LCD pin.

This is all explained, rather poorly, in the documentation .  Fortunately it is almost impossible to find this page.

It would all be much clearer if the perpetrators of the library and the authors of the Tutorial had been more liberal with their use of comments:

//LiquidCrystal lcd(RS, E, D4, D5, D6, D7);
LiquidCrystal   lcd( 7, 8,  9, 10, 11, 12);      // put your pin numbers here

Don
Don,

You need to call him.
That's what the telephone number he posted is for.
He's in India.

larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

floresta

Go Up