Go Down

Topic: Servo Control Without, Pot,Rotary Encoder, or any movement sensor. (Read 794 times) previous topic - next topic

HarveySpecter

Hi

I have a project that requires me to control multiple Servo Motor without any external module other than the servo and an Arduino. Is there anyway that I can control the servo by hand, record those movements and play it back ? I have researched about it and I can't seem to find any solution that doesnt involve external modules.

Thanks

slipstick

Not easily, at least not by any method I know.

For a start moving a servo by hand can easily damage the internal gearing. And normal servos don't have any external feedback which will tell you what position they are in. It is possible to buy servos with feedback...but you will still have the problem of moving the servo by hand i.e. against the position it should be in.

Steve

HarveySpecter

Thanks steve, Do you know what those special servos are called so I can search and possibly order those? Thank you so much again.

groundFungus

Why 2 threads for the same question?  That is called cross posting.  Cross posting is bad. 

Analog feedback servo.

slipstick

Thanks steve, Do you know what those special servos are called so I can search and possibly order those? Thank you so much again.
Apart from very expensive industrial servos the only one I've seen are those sold by Adafruit. E.g. this standard servo or this micro servo

Steve

vinceherman

Most standard servos can be modified to provide feedback.
Google up "diy servo feedback" and look at some of the many tutorials on the subject.

HarveySpecter

Why 2 threads for the same question?  That is called cross posting.  Cross posting is bad. 

Analog feedback servo.

Sorry, English isn't really my mother tongue and I thought my first thread didnt explain my problem that much.

jremington

I have a project that requires me to control multiple Servo Motor without any external module other than the servo
Please explain this requirement, as it makes no sense.

A potentiometer connected to an analog input can be used to control a servo, as can a pushbutton.

HarveySpecter

Please explain this requirement, as it makes no sense.

A potentiometer connected to an analog input can be used to control a servo, as can a pushbutton.
i cant use potentiometer, a push button, any gyro or accelerometer, rotary encoder etc. All I can use is an arduino and the servo itself, Like using the servo as the input and output device, I've searched for solutions and sadly There is no way unless the servo is a feedback servo, in which in my case it is not.

vinceherman

unless the servo is a feedback servo, in which in my case it is not
But it can be modified to provide feedback.
Look up at reply #5

TomGeorge

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

jremington

All I can use is an arduino and the servo itself,
What a ridiculous assignment! Pick another project.

justone

i cant use potentiometer, a push button, any gyro or accelerometer, rotary encoder etc
How will you tell the arduino when to start recording and when to stop ?

Go Up