Go Down

Topic: Ultrasonic sensor tank level over internet (Read 149 times) previous topic - next topic

Vince6464

Hi, I am a biginner with ardurino. I would like to build an ultrasonic sensor to monitor over internet the fuel tank level of my house. I have a WiFi hub close to the tank that is curently use to switch on/off my hot water and for netatmo thermal sensor for heaters. Could you help me to make the list of equipments required for this project. Is there a way also to keep memory over time of the tank level in order to visualise the evolution over time ?

ieee488

Since you appear to need someone to do this work for you, I suggest posting in the Gigs forum, and tell others how much you want to pay for their expertise.

Vince6464

Good morning,
Sorry but my objective is to try and be in position to have something that is working. Since my post I ordered Uno card and Wemos D1 R32.
I managed to measure on RT the distance with UNO card which is a good start but not enough for me. So know I would like to do the same but with the Wemos card that will allow me to connect to it over internet in order to see the tank level. And the next objective is to create on a Pi or on my NAS Xpenology a MySQL Db in order to visualise the history.
Your help will be welcome.

Thanks

const int trigPin = 12;
const int echoPin = 11;
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  long duration, inches, cm;
  pinMode(trigPin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW);
  delayMicroseconds(2);
  digitalWrite(trigPin, HIGH);
  delayMicroseconds(10);
  digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW);
  pinMode(echoPin, INPUT);
  duration = pulseIn(echoPin, HIGH);
  // convert time into cm
  cm = microsecondsToCentimeters(duration);
  Serial.print(cm);
  Serial.print("cm");
  Serial.println();
  delay(1000); // delais d'une seconde
}
long microsecondsToCentimeters(long microseconds)
{
  return microseconds / 29 / 2;
}

jremington

Apr 08, 2018, 06:01 pm Last Edit: Apr 08, 2018, 06:03 pm by jremington
Here is a complete example of a DIY remote water tank monitor.

Is there a way also to keep memory over time of the tank level in order to visualise the evolution over time ?
Store the data in a database or on an SD card.

Go Up