Go Down

Topic: Powering OMRON SSR G3MB-202P SSR's directly (Read 37 times) previous topic - next topic

Has anybody had problems directly powering the input of OMRON SSR G3MB-202P SSR's from Arduino/Leonardo output pins? The data sheet for the ATmega 16u4- 32u4 gives an Output voltage low as max 0.7volt for a 10ma load and Vcc= 5v similarly an Output voltage high of 4.2volt.

Now the SSR has a built in resistor 440 ohm resistor and a must operate input voltage of 4volts and a must  release voltage of 1volt, so all should be well as the voltages of the SSR are in side the Arduino's outputs for both active high and active low control.  Also the current requirement is well within the source/sink capabilities of the processor, but I am wondering if I have 4 SSR inputs reliant on the stability of the Arduino 5v supply rail if I will start to have problems.

I've noticed that nearly all commercial SSR interface boards have some additional circuitry and separate DC inputs on them to buffer the SSR from the Arduino. Now this would be needed if one was using a 3.3volt processor but surely its just added circuitry for a 5volt board.

What is the problem you have with them?

Can you post a link to data/specs of the device please?

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up