Go Down

Topic: adding in - void loop (Read 612 times) previous topic - next topic

slipstick

Can anyone really be that dim or is ted just trolling, getting some odd pleasure from all this silliness?

After never getting a straight answer to a single one of my questions I rather lost interest in his "problems".

Steve

lastchancename

Ask the right question, which can be hard for beginners, but this doesn't mean that google is broken.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... expecting the poster to contribute to the learning experience.

ted

Mar 14, 2018, 12:12 am Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 12:26 am by ted
Ted is learning void loop, ask a specific question and received blah, blah, blah annoying useless answer  from guys who do not know the answer.
2+3 = monday

Delta_G

So your assertion is that it isn't because your question and code are a large proportion of nonsense that you get no answer.  You think it is because we don't know how to write code.  But my code works.  All my projects work.  Yours aren't even close.  Now tell me, which one of us doesn't know?   
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

ted

adding #3 is disabling - "process key " functionality.
How to fix it ?
This is my question and your answer is ?
Do you see what I mean.

Delta_G

Sorry but,

Code: [Select]

is not a legal line of code.

If you mean to refer to the code that comes after that line in your code it doesn't work because it is not inside any function.  It should be throwing compiler errors. 

If you would bother to learn the basics of C++ instead of just typing random shit and hoping it does something then you'd get a lot farther.  You're so lost your questions don't even make sense. 

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

ted

Look at my answer no blah, blah, blah.
I didn't say to guy - you need to learn basics ..............

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=534868.0

Delta_G

Sure, but his question made sense. 

Delta_G

Like here:

void
{    // line # 198

emon1.calcVI(20, 2000);     

Why just throw the random word "void" in there?  Ever seen code with a "void" just hanging out all by itself?

No, I pointed out in my first post on this thread the issue with your code posted in the OP.  You never addressed that at all.  You're ignoring the advise I'm giving you and then you want to claim that I'm just giving you "blah blah blah" for an answer. 

void loop() {
  A+B
  buttons code
  LCD code
}

No, that is not what you did.  You wrote this:

void loop() {
  buttons code
}
  LCD code

Now do you see the difference?

ted

Sorry but,

is not a legal line of code. = I didn't ask for that

If you mean to refer to the code that comes after that line in your code it doesn't work because it is not inside any function.  It should be throwing compiler errors.  = I didn't ask for that

I asked " how to fix it "

Delta_G

Mar 14, 2018, 02:08 am Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 02:08 am by Delta_G
I told you that the problem was that the code wasn't in a function.  It doesn't take some super genius to figure out that the fix would be to move the code inside the function.  Are you really too stupid to get that?  Fix the braces.

ted

Are you really too stupid to get that?
Don't do that !!!
 I am not here to fight.

Delta_G

Mar 14, 2018, 02:35 am Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 02:37 am by Delta_G
OK.  So you want an answer.  I've given it to you three times now.  And all three times you come back talking about some nonsense unrelated to the question. 

The question remains.  You say I told you "blah blah blah" and didn't give you an answer.  But I did give you the answer.  The only way you can say that I didn't would be to say that you were too stupid to understand it.  So I ask, are you really that stupid or are you just playing games here?

I'm not calling you stupid.  I'm not accusing you of being stupid.  I'm asking you if you are stupid.  If you don't think you are stupid, then explain to me how you can't see that the solution to the code not being in a function would be to put it into a function. 

ted

I put you answer in the code , problem solved, it is working, no errors, thanks.

ted

Problem solved.
I made addition just above this line, simple without 2 pages of useless comments.

process_key(digitalRead(phasep), &right);

Go Up