Go Down

Topic: Compiler error (Read 515 times) previous topic - next topic

EchoDe

I am struggling with compiling anything for the Due.
1. Download Arduino Beta (Build 38)
2. Add Arduino SAM Boards through the board manager
3. Select Due Programming Port
4. Verify a new scetch
Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.9.0-beta (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

In file included from C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:222:0,

from sketch\sketch_mar16a.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: 'avai' declared as a 'virtual' field

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: expected ';' at end of member declaration

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: expected '}' at end of input

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Due (Programming Port).

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

The file USBAPI.h looks OK to me.

Any ideas on how to resolve the compiler problem?
Thanks
René

pert

Mar 16, 2018, 10:14 am Last Edit: Mar 16, 2018, 10:14 am by pert
I can't reproduce the problem. Does it occur even with the bare minimum sketch (File > New)?

I have a suspicion the cause is the non-standard (sorry, I know that's not the correct term but you get what I mean) letters in your user name but that's just a guess. Do you have a different user on your computer that you could try to see if the problem still occurs?

EchoDe

I can't reproduce the problem. Does it occur even with the bare minimum sketch (File > New)?
Yes, it does.
I have a suspicion the cause is the non-standard (sorry, I know that's not the correct term but you get what I mean) letters in your user name but that's just a guess. Do you have a different user on your computer that you could try to see if the problem still occurs?
At the time I wrote this post, I thought the same. I will create a new user and try again.

Thanks for the response.

EchoDe

With a new account on the same machine Arduino is working as supposed.
Darn. Now I have to remember to start it with RunAs.

pert

Well I'm glad at least you have a workaround but it definitely should support these characters.

Have you tried Arduino IDE 1.8.5 to see if the problem is isolated to the beta build?

EchoDe

Well I'm glad at least you have a workaround but it definitely should support these characters.
I would think so, too.
Have you tried Arduino IDE 1.8.5 to see if the problem is isolated to the beta build?
1.8.5 is working with an empty sketch and the Due as board. Interesting.

pert

I suspected it was a problem specific to the Beta build. There is a new tool added in the Beta build which is still kind of rough around the edges. This looks like a relevant issue report:
https://github.com/arduino/arduino-preprocessor/issues/2
So the developers are aware there is some issue and I think they'll be sure to get it fixed before making the 1.9.0 release of the Arduino IDE.

Go Up