missing parts

I am a college student and bought 2 arduino starter kits. both are missing the servo's and motors. how is this possible?

jad481:
I am a college student and bought 2 arduino starter kits. both are missing the servo's and motors. how is this possible?

Someone didn't put it in your packet. It is most probably unrelated to your occupation.

i bought it at the on campus store as an required item. the book that came with the kits has those 2 items in the parts list and they are being required by my teacher. i have already had to borrow the servo from a classmate.

Take the kit back to the campus store and ask for a replacement that has all the parts.

unfortunately that option was unavailable as soon as the kit was opened and it is over halfway through the semester.

So ... ?

unfortunately that option was unavailable as soon as the kit was opened

That is rubbish. How are you supposed to know something is missing before you open the box. Quite simply you can't and so that constitutes an unfair condition in your contract with the shop.

In the UK it would be illegal to say that. Look into consumer rights in your country but I suspect it is also illegal. Ask to speak to the manager and if you have no joy report the shop to the campus authorities or your student union ( if you have one ). Also if you have a law department, get them involved.

However, I am not sure what sort of help other than the above you were expecting, we are only a bunch of volunteers that offer help to people, we are nothing to do with the Arduino company.

Always buy with credit card and always open the package to check the parts.

Paul