Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: PWM driving MOSFET MTP75N03HDL-D  (Read 2828 times)
Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

OK...  I screwed up.  I put the jumper on 0 & 1 on the analog pins (duhh...)  When I placed the jumper on the TX & RX pins and open the serial monitor it relays the sent message back to the monitor.  Is that a good sign?

--

Yes, it's a very good sign. It means you have only either lost the bootloader code in your 328 chip, or the 328 chip is toast. The $6 replacement should get the board going good as new. http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9217

Now if you had another board on hand there is a sketch to allow one board to be used to reburn the bootloader onto another board.

Lefty

View Profile

Thanks Lefty,  I ended up ordering a new board and a new chip from sparkfun...  I wish I knew exactly what happened so I do not repeat this... It is possible I sent 12V backward on the PWM pin maybe while I was fiddling around with wires...  Maybe that toasted the controller...  Are there protections that should be in place on a PWM circuit?  Like a resistor or a diode between the PWM pin and the MOSFET gate?  If I added a diode I suppose I could add a high resistance pulldown resistor on the gate and it should still work...

--

View Profile

Final update.  Lefty was right on target.  Got my new chip from sparkfun, plugged it in and my board is back in business...  Thanks again Lefty  :-)

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Final update.  Lefty was right on target.  Got my new chip from sparkfun, plugged it in and my board is back in business...  Thanks again Lefty  :-)

Your most welcome and it's always nice when a story has a happy ending. Plus now you own two arduino boards, how cool is that.  smiley-wink

Lefty

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: