External Programer Settings

I am trying to bypass a spotty Bluetooth connection on my Arduino bt by using the parallel programmer described on the main arduino site. I have built the cable correctly, and installed the giveo driver, but I am having a terrible time editing the preferences file such that it will use the cable correctly. All I have done is changed the line "Upload.using" from bootloader to Parallel Programmer.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong, or can you E-mail me a preferences or board file that is set up to use the parallel programmer, so I can see what to do? I would be forever grateful for any help, and to show my gratitude I will name one of my resistor drawers in your honor. Just think, the 100 or maybe 47K ohm could be an everlasting reminder of your arduino genius.

Here is the error message I receive.

"Binary sketch size: 1010 bytes (of a 28672 byte maximum)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.getProgrammerCommands(Unknown Source)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(Unknown Source)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Unknown Source)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Unknown Source)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Unknown Source)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)"

Just a warning that many have tried (me included) to build and use a parallel programming cable and have failed. There appears to be a ton of little and big reasons why one can have trouble using this interface. I gave up after a week of trying and bought a USBtiny programmer kit and couldn't be happier with that decision.

However, I hope you are one the can get it working, and there have been some that have got it to work for them.

Lefty

Thanks,

I think I will order one of those and give it a try. Judging by their website the project has much better tech support than what I have been trying.