Go Down

Topic: Trouble wrapping mind around AS3 and Arduino comunication (Read 974 times) previous topic - next topic

Feb 28, 2011, 11:29 am Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011, 12:06 pm by janismucenieks Reason: 1
Hello!
I hope someone with good hart and patience will read this.
I have been trying to get into Arduino world for some time and have gained some progress with it. I'm also quite experienced with Flash AS2/AS3 and I did get most of AS3 to Arduino examples working. The problem I'm having is to understand basic programming to send data between Arduino and AS3.
What I would like to do is to have two separate programmes running on Flash and Arduino that could exchange data (longer than 1 - 127) both ways.
I did Glue/Firmata, but it sends commands straight to pins. I did try messenger but just couldn't get my head around samples to get it working properly. I have Mega.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me to or give the most basic code, tutorial or forum topic that would teach me how do something like this:
1 Arduino receives 2 numbers from Flash;
2 adds them together;
3 sends result back to Flash.

Thank You!
Janis

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy