Go Down

Topic: Making 1000cm^2 boards using EAGLE (Read 3231 times) previous topic - next topic

mmcp42

I may be wrong but I thought that Eagle light was not supposed to be used for manufacturing/production?!?
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

liudr

I only do small production of 100 or so and don't know yet how to panelize with EAGLE. What quantity do you consider production? I don't really know if EAGLE is used in larger productions but I suspect it's true.

RuggedCircuits

The Eagle Freeware page describes the limitations:

http://cadsoft.de/freeware.htm

Basically, if you make money from your Eagle design then you have to pay for Eagle.

--
The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

Senso

Easy solution is to switch to Kicad, free and unlimited.

westfw

I may be wrong but I thought that Eagle light was not supposed to be used for manufacturing/production?!?

EAGLE "freeware" is not supposed to be used for for-profit purposes.  If you're going to sell PCBs, you should pony up the whopping $49 to get the "lite" version that has the same limitations without the non-profit restriction.  It is possible to get well into "manufacturing/production" without being "for-profit" (for instance, in an educational setting), but $50 is cheap moral insurance...

Easy solution is to switch to Kicad, free and unlimited.

I doubt your definitions of both "Easy" and "unlimited"... :-(

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy