Go Down

Topic: assembly 3.5 TFT LCD (ili9486) with arduino MEGA (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mohamed008800

Hi All

Hope you support me in assembling 3.5 TFT LCD (ili9486) with arduino MEGA .

Thank you in advance

david_prentice

Install the MCUFRIEND_kbv library with the Library Manager.

Your screen will have inverted colours.   My old ILI9486 Red shield shows correct colours.    Current Red shields and Blue shields have inverted colours.

EDit the MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp file
Code: [Select]

case 0x9486:
        _lcd_capable = AUTO_READINC | MIPI_DCS_REV1 | MV_AXIS; //Red 3.5", Blue 3.5"
//        _lcd_capable = AUTO_READINC | MIPI_DCS_REV1 | MV_AXIS | REV_SCREEN; //old Red 3.5"

When I make the next Release of the library,  it will default to this new code.

David.

mohamed008800

But i tried to connect directly with mega but i get white screen only , I think i need to connect this screen with wires to change pins as i think this LCD compatible with UNO directly  , So please support in this point .

david_prentice

No,  the shield plugs into a Mega in exactly the same way as it plugs into Uno, Zero, Due, ...

You select the correct Board in the IDE i.e. MEGA2560
Then build any of the Examples.

If you have a problem,  you run the diagnose_TFT_support example.
Then paste the output from the Serial Terminal to your message.

David.

Brian_of_Bozeat

Just a quick THANK YOU to David, I have been trying to get this screen to work on my MEGA 2560 with all the libraries I could find, the  MCUFRIEND_kbv was the one that worked.

Campax2

Hello, could you advise me a little, I'm trying to use that library they mention, but do not compile the example program, could you tell me that I need to install apart from the library, could you also explain a little how to use that library?

I have the same screen model, and an arduino Mega 2560

david_prentice

same screen mode is not very helpful.   (unless you quote message # )

Please post link to actual display e.g. Ebay sale.

David.

Campax2

david_prentice

That is a Blue 3.5 inch Uno Shield.  Usually contains ILI9481 or ILI9486.
Runs well with Uno.   Runs on a Mega2560 but is slower than Uno.

Install Adafruit_GFX library with the Library Manager.
Install MCUFRIEND_kbv library with the Library Manager.

It has a resistive Touch Screen that shares pins with the TFT.
Install TouchScreen library from Adafruit with the Library Manager.

Most Arduino graphics libraries use Adafruit_GFX style methods.
So it is fairly easy to adapt programs for GLCD, OLED, TFT from Adafruit, MarekBuriak, Bodmer, ...

I suggest that you start with all the examples that come with your library.

Or just quote an example from a different library and ask if possible to "port" to the library you are using.

Always write new programs in the native GFX style.

David.

Campax2

That is a Blue 3.5 inch Uno Shield.  Usually contains ILI9481 or ILI9486.
Runs well with Uno.   Runs on a Mega2560 but is slower than Uno.

Install Adafruit_GFX library with the Library Manager.
Install MCUFRIEND_kbv library with the Library Manager.

It has a resistive Touch Screen that shares pins with the TFT.
Install TouchScreen library from Adafruit with the Library Manager.

Most Arduino graphics libraries use Adafruit_GFX style methods.
So it is fairly easy to adapt programs for GLCD, OLED, TFT from Adafruit, MarekBuriak, Bodmer, ...

I suggest that you start with all the examples that come with your library.

Or just quote an example from a different library and ask if possible to "port" to the library you are using.

Always write new programs in the native GFX style.

David.
Thanks David, I have already used the Rinky Dinky Electronics libraries, I used them on a TFT screen QVT_320X240 whit ILI9341 Controller, I see that in the MCUFRIEND_kbv library, you adapted the UTFT libraries of Rinky Dinky Electr√≥nics, have you not yet adapted Rinky Dinky Electronics  "URTouch" library ?, I've never worked with Adafruit bookstores, could you tell me where to find information on how to use Adadfruit's Librar√≠es?.

david_prentice

May 16, 2018, 05:44 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:47 pm by david_prentice
I can show you how to adapt your existing UTFT program to run on your Blue Uno Shield.

You should use GFX-style methods in a new program.

The README.md and the mcufriend_how_to.txt files have links to Adafruit GFX tutorials.
There are several examples included with the library.
There are thousands of GFX examples out there.   Look at Adafruit's, Marek's or Bodmer's examples.

If you need to run the "same" program on your 40-pin QVT screen as on your new Uno Shield,   you should choose one style and stick to it.   Do not mix GFX and UTFT methods.

David.

Go Up