Go Down

Topic: Help needed creating a sketch please (Read 618 times) previous topic - next topic

TrstNRsk81

Mar 30, 2018, 09:21 pm Last Edit: Apr 06, 2018, 05:02 pm by TrstNRsk81
$$$ Pay for help $$$
(if you can come up with a way to make the transaction, ensuring all parties leave with their desired/earned "party favors" (your money and my working sketch))

I have an arduino uno as well as nanos.  I need to count sheets of metal as they fly by on a conveyer.  I also need to monitor the level of enamel and engage an pneumatic valve to refill the enamel when it reaches a certain point.  Then turns off the flow of enamel when full.  I also need to record the amount of sheets that went by during the time periods between filling the enamel pot.  As well as the temerature and humidity.  I would like all the data accessable by bluetooth as the device will be in a chemacle laden room and intrisicly safe.  Since the enamel in the pot thickens and thins with the changing temperatures I need to determine the most effecient temp in order to have the viscosity coat as many sheets of metal as possible before refilling.  The room can be anywhere between 65 and 130 degrees depending on the time of year.  However we do have some control over that just no data to ddtermine what the best temp would be for all the different enamels we use. I really appreciate any help, guidance, and am more than happy to pay for a completed working sketch for the hardware I have which is this:

-Arduino genuine uno

-Nano(s)

-CHENBO 5Pcs Micro SD Storage Expansion Board Mciro SD TF Card Memory Shield Module SPI For Arduino

-WINGONEER Tiny RTC I2C DS1307 AT24C32 Real Time Clock Module For Arduino AVR PIC 51 ARM

-Elegoo 37-in-1 Sensor Module Kit for Arduino UNO R3, MEGA, NANO

-DHT11 temp and humidity sensor

-HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor (x4)

-KEDSUM Upgraded Arduino HC-06 Serial Bluetooth Slave Wireless RF Transceiver Module with DuPont Cable

-lcd2004 (20 x 4) sainsmart

so yeah the ultimate goal is to count sheets on a conveyer, record the time, date, temp, humidity, automate a pneumatic valve in order to refill a liqued enamel pot, display the serial monitor data on an lcd and have the data logger accessible by bluetooth.  I can build the eclosure and make it intrinsicly safe and find a way to power it I really just need a working sketch and hardware design.  I have been able to incorperate any combination of the sensors listed up to three.  After three diffirent features I find the libraries conflict with one another trying to use the same I/O pins.

UKHeliBob

Some idea of what the object of the project is would be appreciated.  Should anyone express an interest then they will require a full specification before committing to code this.

Do you already have an Arduino and if so, which board ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

dave-in-nj

intrisicly safe.
To make the sensors explosion proof in a methane fume environment for the specific parts you listed is not possible.

it is like asking if you can make a pack of matches intrinsically safe.

the explosion proof enclosure with window can be had, but often needs a few weeks to get on order.
as a note, all the threaded wire ports have to have 5 full thread engaged, and the backfilled conduit lines have to be done to the correct requirements.

as for anyone offering your offer, I highly suggest that if you do not understand the liability for intrinsically safe, that you make that exclusion in writing.

not sure if you can run a bluetooth through  a 1 inch thick aluminum walled enclosure.  that part might be a bit tricky as well.

EVERY part that is exposed to the explosive atmosphere has to have so little current that wires that are shorted will not have enough energy to make a spark.  that eliminates almost everything we do.

as for the rest, that seems simple enough.

lastchancename

Where is the OP located?
If the project needs on- site tuning that can help.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... expecting the poster to contribute to the learning experience.

lastchancename

Throw us some more hints, along with your efforts so far.
There is probably more help to be had.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... expecting the poster to contribute to the learning experience.

dave-in-nj

I would offer that if you can get 3 sensors to work,  GREAT !

Get a second UNO,  get 3 more sensors to work.   Lots cheaper than spending a few thousand for someone to write code for you.

Break your project into individual functions,  
count, watch the paper, log...   that is one group.

check the level and modulate the valve, that could be a second group.

Each unit can report to a central unit that has the Wifi/bluetooth... so you can log in.

the environmental monitoring, temp, humidity, atmospheric pressure..  etc
that can be on a 3rd unit, and that too s easy to do.

Sounds like you are way more than halfway there.

TrstNRsk81

Well so far I can measure distance with the HC-SR04, temperature and humidity with the DHT11 and get a time / date stamp from the RTC.  I can almost have it write to the lcd2004 (4x20) screen.  I can get all that data to appear correctly on the serial monitor.  However I cant figure out how to include the data logger and the bluetooth module.  I have learned how to use both the data logger and the BT by themselves but not with everything else.  I cant seem to create a proper sketch.

wvmarle

I can almost have it write to the lcd2004 (4x20) screen.
How is this "almost"? Those things are usually "can" or "can not".

I can get all that data to appear correctly on the serial monitor.  However I cant figure out how to include the data logger and the bluetooth module.  I have learned how to use both the data logger and the BT by themselves but not with everything else.  I cant seem to create a proper sketch.
Feel free to post your best attempts, with detailed description on what it does and what it should do.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

cedarlakeinstruments

Dude, as soon as you throw out the term "intrinsically safe," all (Arduino) bets are off.

Do yourself/your client/your employer a solid and actually go out and spend a few thousand $$$ on certified Intrinsically Safe instrumentation before you have a massive accident that your insurance refuses to pay for.
Electronics and firmware/software design and assistance. No project too small

Go Up