Poll
Question: newbe needs help  ..wifi tank design    help with codes
codes - 0 (0%)
tanks design - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: newbe tryibg to build first robot  (Read 758 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i have the ardrino i want to run two servos to run a tank design . just dont know where to get the codes.. please dont tell me i have to learn programing to get this to work.i  want to be able to control this with wifi  ..i have the shield for ethernet. any help would be so nice thanks

UK
Faraday Member
Gorm deficient
View Profile

please dont tell me i have to learn programing to get this to work.i  want to be able to control this with wifi  ..i have the shield for ethernet
I regret to inform you that you need to learn programming.
I am so very sorry.
I apologise.

Per Arduino ad Astra

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

please dont tell me i have to learn programing to get this to work.i  want to be able to control this with wifi  ..i have the shield for ethernet
I regret to inform you that you need to learn programming.
I am so very sorry.
I apologise.

And I might add that the Arduino is not a consumer plug and play product. It is a programmable device that requires that someone create the programming you require for your project or application. So perhaps you picked the wrong product to use for your project?

If you don't wish to learn how to program then perhaps you can find someone you can pay to create such a custom program for you.

Sorry, but thats just the facts.

Lefty

View Profile

Here is some sample code for controlling servos from this site:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/ComponentLib/Servo

Bergen, Norway
Just4fun
View Profile

Well, to say you need programming skills is a bit overestimate. You can cope with these kind of thing with basic understanding of electronics and computer skills. I started 1 month ago with an arduino. and have solved most of my problems through forums and diy`s on the internet. And the most fun of, it im learning a LOT about electronics and programming. Had no experience what so ever with programming when i started out. Now a month later I'm able to rewrite codes so my sensors, servos and motors can do various tasks.

Im now happily running 4 ESC motor controllers using xbox 360 joystick via python program. (actually i can run even more if I want to. But my project only needs 3-4 motors and one servo) On youtube you can find hundreds of movies explaining you the basics (and some more) about python and c++ programming.

Here you have a very nice DIY for controlling using python. (im using this system now. took me 2-3 days to get it working)
http://principialabs.com/arduino-python-4-axis-servo-control/
This program needs older versions of python. (2.5)
I think building a tank could be an awsome project. This because you have a fully operational tank once you get the first two motors running. later upgrades could be controlling the turret, implementing camera and various sensors. A cool feature would be a advanced upgrade like a gyro turret. Theres a TON of cool thing you can do with a tank. Only your mind is your limit.

Karl   

The Netherlands
Beep!
View Profile

Ofcourse you can find everything online, because most things have already been done.

However, the topic starter seems to not even try to get the basics down.
There is tons of references that will show you examples of how to make a servo move. Yes you will have to learn programming. You don't need a lot of skills before starting with an Arduino, you do need to invest some time into understanding the basic way of working with Arduino programming.
It is not hard. It is very very easy, once you get the basic understanding of how the language works.

If you want a ready to go wifi tank, buy one online. Don't get an Arduino and expect others to do the work for you.
If you are genuinly interested into getting something like a wifi tank working yourself, get some basic electronics and walk through some tutorials first, so you can get a hang of programming an Arduino board.
Once you go ahead you will find it is all way more easy then it all seems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: