Go Down

Topic: Mux Shield Newbie question... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I recently purchased an Arduino and a Mux Shield from Mayhem and I was wondering if someone with any experience with this board could point me in the right direction as to how I would go about hooking up a simple button to any of the 48 inputs. (I understand the code, but I'm really poor at electrical circuits...) I have a microswitch with two leads, which I've properly used in the Button tutorial, but the Mux Shield inputs have three pins... (Gnd, Vcc, and I/O pin(?)) I've scoured the web for a pic of how it's done, or even a generic schematic but I haven't been able to find one... Please forgive my lack of electrical circuit knowledge, I'm just getting started in this new hobby...

The analog multiplexers act just like multi-way switches.  You wire the data pin just like it was a pin on the Arduino.  For a switch you can just connect the switch between data and +5 and a pull-down resistor between data and ground.  The input pin will be LOW when the switch is open and HIGH when the switch is closed.  The +5 and Gnd connectors with each data pin are for convenience.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131