Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Loguino - Logging platform for Arduino 1.0 Release  (Read 2153 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

All,

I've been working on Loguino for a few months now, and the first stable release is now available.  Loguino is a data-logging solution based around commodity(Arduino) hardware. Underneath is a powerful data-logging framework that can be adapted to log just about anything. Loguino focuses on data capture, rather than analysis or visualization. It was born out of the need to capture data from a Microsquirt ecu without a laptop connected, but has evolved into a more generic tool. 

Loguino can log from the following inputs:

• Megasquirt Automotive Engine Control Units
  • LIS331 Accelerometers
  • ITG3200 3 Axis Gyro
  • NMEA Compatible GPS Devices
  • Analog Pins (Voltage)
  • Digital Inputs (High/Low)

Loguino writes output to the following outputs:
  • SD Cards
  • Serial Devices

Each poller and logger is optional, enabling and disabling features is easy using a configuration file at build time.

Loguino is built using cmake, and is designed around the arduino mega, although other boards will work just fine.

There are a few of us using it now, and I feel its stable enough that others might also find it useful. 

I have a few code improvements I want to roll out in the coming weeks to make things more pluggable as per the design, then I'll focus on the following features:

• Download from SD via Serial
  • Add a lifetime to metrics
  • Add throttling
  • CANBUS Support

Loguino is hosted on google code at: http://code.google.com/p/loguino/

I hope some of you find it useful, and I'd be delighted to hear from anybody who is interested in using loguino.

Best regards

David

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Thanks for sharing,

maybe seduce some people by showing how easily it can be used in a short sample sketch ?

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Interesting, would this work for logging data from a FGPMMOPA6B GPS module? Would you help me with the neccessary code?

View Profile

Hi Msev,

Yes, loguino can log from that GPS device, it will read any NMEA compatible device that has a serial output. 

Do you just want to log the GPS data, or are you interested in any other attached sensors?  I'm working on an online configurator/builder that you can use to select the options you want, this will take me some time though.

The GPS logs at 9600 BAUD so when you run ccmake you need to specify that as the GPS Speed, and make sure you specify the correct serial port. 

If you want something to test, let me know the serial port you've connected the GPS to, and any other sensors you want to use and I'll compile up a hex file for you to deploy.

Best regards

David

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi Msev,

Yes, loguino can log from that GPS device, it will read any NMEA compatible device that has a serial output. 

Do you just want to log the GPS data, or are you interested in any other attached sensors?  I'm working on an online configurator/builder that you can use to select the options you want, this will take me some time though.

The GPS logs at 9600 BAUD so when you run ccmake you need to specify that as the GPS Speed, and make sure you specify the correct serial port. 

If you want something to test, let me know the serial port you've connected the GPS to, and any other sensors you want to use and I'll compile up a hex file for you to deploy.

Best regards

David

Thanks, not yet...I'm just looking for info at the moment...I'll let you know when I'll start..

View Profile

Here's an example of using loguino to monitor the environmental conditions in a room: http://www.ay60dxg.com/wordpress/2012/04/22/environmental-monitoring-with-loguino/ it uses an ardiuno ethernet, loguino, and a bunch of simple sensors and logs via a TCP connection. 

View Profile

irvined,
I've been looking into doing something exactly like this for a few months, but haven't been able to figure out what kind of sampling rate is possible while writing to an SD card. Do you know how fast this is capable of polling sensors, getting GPS info and writing to SD? I'm also working on data logging for racing purposes, and wanted to try rolling my own DAQ system using Arduino, but am not as experienced as you seem to be, so it is taking a lot of searching... then I found this page. Awesome blog you've got!

Thanks

Justin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: