Go Down

Topic: XZ dip coater (using Firgelli linear actuators) (Read 205 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey guys,

My first post here, and wanted to share an automation project to be used in the lab (I'm a chemist). The idea is to do layer-by-layer surface chemistry. Since I don't have infinite amounts of time to dip a slide in jar after jar for hours on end, I decided to make an XZ robot using Firgelli linear actuators.

The project can be found here.

A video of the thing in action (PID still has to be tuned a bit :) ) found here.

I tried to keep the source code kind of organized, so it should be easy to use the libraries for any project using Firgelli L12-P or L16-P linear actuators. I changed some of the libraries, so please use the ones you find on the project page.

OMG, it is so cool. I am a chemist too and I have a case about dip coating for industry. I have survey some machines but they are not cheap for me. I am not good at mechanical. Please give me tuition if you want it when you made it down.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131