Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Programming Environment for iPad  (Read 15752 times)
North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

in the end if you root your iPad2
I suppose that's where the issue lies - I will never have an iPad2 unless someone gives one to me for free. Even then it'll probably only be used for testing stuff.

California
Meggy for the Win!
View Profile

I have yet to find or make a programming environment for the iPad however I just had to share this with all of you. MAKE just announced an Apple approved serial cable to attach your iOS device to your Arduino.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/07/59-cable-lets-you-connect-iphone-to-arduino-no-jailbreaking.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+makezineonline+%28Make%3A+Online%29

ChrisHale.ca / Snake Game

South East USA
God Member
View Profile

This is a great step in the right direction, in getting Apple more involved with the Arduino.  Writing code for an Arduino on an iPad 2 may not be as far away as it seems!

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

And only $80 for complete cable/level converter, what a bargain, cost more then a mega2560!

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

And only $80 for complete cable/level converter, what a bargain, cost more then a mega2560!

Now that I know it does exist, I'll have sell my kidney to get one. Wait, or is liver gonna bring more cash? smiley-evil

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

as far as serial cables for iXXX go, there has been one from Redpark for a while now:  http://www.redpark.com/c2db9.html
They also have a version for attaching to cisco router consoles.  Both of these should be "true rs232" cables, rather than the 5V "TTL Serial" needed to connect directly to an Arduino.  But they're only $60...
(they also have associated SW, or pointers to associated SW.)

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Now that I know it does exist, I'll have sell my kidney to get one. Wait, or is liver gonna bring more cash?
For up to date prices, maybe you can contact Hannibal Lecter smiley-wink

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

'round the world...
Faraday Member
View Profile

Now that I know it does exist, I'll have sell my kidney to get one. Wait, or is liver gonna bring more cash? smiley-evil

I guess that's becoming a worrying trend... :\

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13639934

Eu não sou o teu criado. Se respondo no fórum é para ajudar todos mediante a minha disponibilidade e disposição. Responder por mensagem pessoal iria contra o propósito do fórum e por isso evito-o.
Se realmente pretendes que eu te ajude por mensagem pessoal, então podemos chegar a um acordo e contrato onde me pagas pela ajuda que eu fornecer e poderás então definir os termos de confidencialidade do meu serviço. De forma contrária toda e qualquer ajuda que eu der tem de ser visível a todos os participantes do fórum (será boa ideia, veres o significado da palavra fórum).
Nota também que eu não me responsabilizo por parvoíces escritas neste espaço pelo que se vais seguir algo dito por mim, entende que o farás por tua conta e risco.

Dito isto, mensagens pessoais só se forem pessoais, ou seja, se já interagimos de alguma forma no passado ou se me pretendes convidar para uma churrascada com cerveja (paga por ti, obviamente).

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

I guess that's becoming a worrying trend... :\

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13639934

I've heard of that but I totally forgot it. It's just sad. I don't know what the kid will tell his kid if he gets a chance to have one at all.

I've also heard of people's DNA's get owned/patented by big pharm corps and doctors can't treat or even analyze these patients because they will infringe patents. Maybe that's the next get-money-quick scam.

View Profile

Hello,

Is there any update on this?  I am pushing to teach middle schoolers how to use circuits and program using the SIK Inventor's kit next year.  The issue is that they have iPads (some have chrome books).   And we will not have a computer lab next year (modulars).  So, this would be very helpful!

Thanks,

-Josh

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

I have since got an android tablet. I can run Arduino droid ide so I can program something simple with it. But my samsung galaxy tab 2 doesn't support high current devices as my galaxy siii phone so whenever I use it on my tablet I have to connect an ac adapter to Arduino.

Now I got a dell venue pro 8 with full win 8.1. I haven't tested it. But there is no reason Arduino will not work on full windows. It is only $200, cheaper than all iPads and androids, yet with faster processor and more or equal memory. Best deal you get.

View Profile

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arduino-control-free/id445574604

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: