Go Down

Topic: Ultrasonic sensor SRF04 - Arduino uno (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

LimuloLab

Hello everyone,

Here I expose my own concerns: I find myself having to interface an ultrasonic sensor, SRF04 Daventech model with Arduino One.

From the technical manual that I downloaded from http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/srf04tech.htm seems that this sensor has an average current consumption that is around 30mA. I know that Arduino can provide a maximum current equal to 20mA.

My fear is that, by linking the two systems, they can be damaged.

Am I worrying for nothing? if not, how can I do to connect the two systems without risk of damage?

Thank you in advance
bye

nicola

RuggedCircuits

Your fears are unfounded. The Arduino can provide much more current than that from its +5V pin. The 20mA number you are quoting is for an I/O pin, and you will not be powering your sensor from an I/O pin, right?

Note the connections marked "5v supply" and "0v ground". These are what you hook up to the +5V and GND pins of your Arduino, and where the 30mA comes from. The "echo pulse output" goes to a digital input on your Arduino and there is very little current involved in that connection.

--
The Arduino Drum Machine: MIDI development system with 14-track MIDI drum machine sequencer / groove-box software

LimuloLab

AWOL

@OP:
Can you please stop posting the same question to different parts of the forum?

It just wastes time, and will not win you any friends.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

LimuloLab

sorry AOWL,

i'm new about forums. this is practically my first post.
will not post more than one post per topic.
thanks

nicola

Go Up